Parmley Proud iCoach

#MayTheTechnologyEngageYou

Week of February 4 -10

February10

It was a great week at TCEA in San Antonio,  Texas.  I enjoyed getting to catch up with my other iCoach friends, meet new people, and learn some exciting new ideas to increase student engagement and learning using technology.  Keep reading to learn about a few of the exciting things I learned this week.

Tuesday was a great first day beginning with our own iCoach Shawn Lane presenting ideas to engage secondary students.  Some of our fabulous students and teachers using Goosechase even made the presentation.  The day continued with ideas on Bell to Bell  Instruction and lesson planning with technology.  Ms. Benno presented a fabulous session called Fixer Upper: Digital Edition, which focused on transforming paper and pencil projects into higher level technology greatness.  My favorite session of the day was about Merge Cubes.  Check them out in an upcoming T3 training and watch the Solar System come to life in the short video clip below.

After such an amazing Tuesday, I was not sure how Wednesday could get any better.  I started my morning bright and early learning from Leslie Fisher on Tools You Can Use Tomorrow.  Her hour and a half session was full of tips and tricks.  My favorite was a free program called Immersive Reader from Microsoft.   

I went on to learn about digital stations for secondary students and resources to bring experts into our classrooms using Skype and Google Hangouts.   I am excited to dig into this resource to get outside experts to speak to our students.

The final day I got up early because, well I had to have a Starbucks.  It was rough not having my coffee each morning.  However, my early morning paid off because the line for my first session was already forming.  It seems everyone present wanted to see Gerry Brooks (check him out on Facebook).  His presentation on Personal Climate and Culture:The Key to Professional Success was uplifting, funny, and a great reminder of why each of us do what we do every day.  My final session of TCEA 2019 was on Hyperdocs for math teachers.  While it was content specific, I cannot wait to share with all content areas to drive instruction and create relevant and meaningful lessons for our students.

To keep things interesting this week, Courtney Brown had us compete in a Goosechase.  Her missions included reflecting on what we had learned, sharing our favorite quotes, and taking pictures/videos of things we wanted others to see.  For those of us that choose to be overachievers, she included a few bonus missions.  Check them out below.

[metaslider id=”340″]

by posted under Conferences, Weekly | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar