Parmley Proud iCoach

#MayTheTechnologyEngageYou

More about Peardeck

September24

After a fabulous T3 the week before, it was exciting to visit with teachers about Peardeck and to hear all the wonderful plans they have to use it with their students.  Shout out to the fifth grade team for jumping in with all things Peardeck.

Mrs. Crabdree, Mrs. Schultz and I worked together to to plan for a Peardeck this coming week.  Students will be using Peardeck to review their understanding of mixtures and solutions.  Big kudos to these two ladies for also including a Wizer.me sorting activity on mixtures and solutions.  To be honest, I learned the difference and could teach a friend.

In  math, Mrs. Sommers  invited me to her room to assist with a Peardeck on Order of Operations.  One of the best parts of her lesson was the combination of the technology and traditional teaching.  She did a great job of having students respond on  their devices, but also  working out and processing their thoughts with their expo markers  on their desks.

Ms. West used Peardeck to  review Text Features with her  students.  I enjoyed helping her use her ipad to run the teacher dashboard to add a timer to student responses and to star the student responses she wanted to share with the class.  One of the  things I found eye opening as her students shared their understanding, was the ability to see all student responses and immediately decided if the whole class needed a review or if a small group mini-lesson would cover it.  For example, one of her slides asked the students to choose the correct response for a picture with words underneath.  Only one student choose the incorrect answer and Ms. West was able to move on and get with that student later.  It gave her instant feedback and allowed her to keep the lesson moving and students engaged.

If you have not had a chance, you need to go and check out Peardeck’s newest slide templates on Social Studies. Check out this slides on identify the type of source for a document.  I am also in love with the website slide using Google Earth or the draggable slide on chronology.  One of the great things about Peardeck is that they are constanting adding to and updating their templates.  Currently, they have math, social studies, critical-thinking, and social-emotional learning.  Follow their blog or twitter @Peardeck to stay up to date and participate in  their contests.   If you need assistance getting access to your free premium account, let me know.

One thing I did not share about Peardeck is the Flashcard Factory.  In this activity, the teacher chooses the terms and then students work in partners to create definitions and illustrations.  The class can vote on the best to create their own Quizlet set of flashcards.

If you want to stay in the know on technology, join my Google Classroom with the code tu85nrh.  I post links and cool things to check out.  Be on the lookout for the second Bathroom Briefs dropping in a stall near you on October 1st.

by posted under Weekly | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar